Friday 18 November 2011

Storyboard second draft

Below is my second draft at my story for my storyboard project.


The Protectors

My story is going to start in a flash forward with the main character Chris Volk walking inebriated down an alley way holding a beer.

He oversees at the end of an alleyway a group of thugs in a fight against one man, feeling confident he attempts to help the lone man.

As he gets closer he realises the lone man is wearing a dark hooded costume, covering all of his skin and a form of high tech body armour.

The hooded character does not need Chris’ help but the thugs now move on to Chris as the thugs have noticed him and the hooded character is outnumbered physically but not outnumbered in skill.

Chris is overpowered and beaten by the thugs because of his drunken state, then the hooded character fends off all of the thugs and as he is helped up by the faceless hero the leader of the thugs turns around and  draws a pistol as the hero's back is turned away from them.

THUG: This is from Benz!

As he finish his exclamation the hero turns to face him just as the bullet hits him in the chest.

The thugs run off and Chris pulls himself up and to look at the hero. As he does so the hero turn to look at him and exclaims in confusion.

Hero: Chris?! What are you doing here?i thought you was at home training?

Shocked, Chris holds the hero's head in comfort and pulls down the mask covering the hero’s face.

Chris: Dad?! What are you doing here? Why are you in a costume fighting thugs and muggers?
Dad: Take this, it will explain everything, I love you son

The hero passes to his son a golden, odd looking key on a chain neckless. As he accepts the key the hero's eyes close and a voice over cuts in.

Chris (Voice over): I never thought that would happen when I woke up this morning. Not the best 21st birthday party, actually tonight was my only real party I ever had, and it was all because of this girl.

Scene fades out and goes back 2 weeks earlier. Chris is in a shop buying groceries and general food when he bumps into a good looking woman who he instantly falls for.

Chris: I'm so sorry, my minds on other things.
Girl: I bet, that stuff looks boring what you got in there!
Chris: ha I'm on a sort of strict diet, my dads very strict on what I do and eat.
Girl: Sounds fun to be you.
Chris: I'm Chris by the way....
Girl: Nice to meet you Chris.
Chris: You not going to tell me your name?
Girl: yes I will, if you come to my party in two weeks? The 6Th of June?
Chris: Erm I can’t its my birthday and I'm not allowed out too late or any alcohol, Dads orders.
Girl: its your birthday, your not allowed out or any alcohol, WHAT!Come on sneak out how old are you? You a man or a mouse? Come I wanna tell you my name.
Chris: well I’ll be 21, and do I really look like a mouse?
Girl: jees your 21 and your not allowed drink or to be out late, right your coming I don't care what you say, where do u live I’ll get you at 8 in two weeks.
Chris: Erm do you know Volk House?
Girl: what the massive mansion on the river?
Chris: Yeah that's me.

Fades to voice over.

Chris: I spent all of my time growing up with my dad, my mum was killed in a car crash, the driver of the on coming car going the wrong way was drunk, I was in the back and luckily completely UN harmed. My dad raised me, trained me in all kinds of fighting styles, kung fu, karate and tai chi are my favorite as well as using weapons like swords but mostly stick fighting. He also home schooled me, I love science, and so does my dad being a scientist and all as well as a archaeologist. My dad keeps me busy but more recently I realised he’s kept me busy as well as distracting me from the fact that I am being kept away from everyone, I only really get to talk to our butler and people I meet when collecting my dads shopping. It seems though when I do talk to others I seem to be massive in body size and intellect, maybe its the home schooling and martial arts?

With the voice over running we are shown a montage of clips of Chris in a car crash with is mum, followed by him training from a young age with his dad until now in different variants of martial arts and finally showing him now and his towering physique and mental capacity. (Through books and amounts of work he does).

Voice overs and montage fades to Chris after an argument following Chris asking to go out for his birthday and his dad banning him from leaving the grounds tonight, he disobeys and Chris sneaks  out on the 6Th June at around 7:3opm and meeting up with the mysterious girl.

Following the story will jump to him at the party getting quite inebriated and having a good time and the final revelation of this mysterious girls name.

Then we flash forward to the start and Chris is holding the mysterious golden key and decided to avenge his father and in doing so he take his fathers body home and finds a mysterious hidden door way with a square shaped key hole, that opens up into a hidden rooms within his dads private room.

Inside he discovers newspaper articles and magazines about his dad as this hooded hero and lastly turns to see a costume exactly his size in a glass container with a 21St banner around it and an open laptop but before he can view the computer screen he is interrupted by the butler.
Butler: What are you doing down here sir? Where is your father? Oh, oh no, no, no!! What happened? Are you OK? What happened to your face?

The camera turns to Chris as he turns to the butler wearing his costume all except his mask/hood revealing to the butler his bloodied and bruised face.

Chris: Benz killed the cities protector, now they have a new, younger, fitter model to deal with, with a vengeance.

The scene finishes with Chris putting on his mask and hood then the scene fades to darkness.

 I hope you like the story idea, this is just the introduction to the story but this is what I will be storyboarding at least partially.

Dan out x


No comments:

Post a Comment