Friday 18 November 2011

Storyboard Script Final Draft

Here it is. My final formatted script for my storyboard. Enjoy!!!
























THE PROTECTORS
DANIEL BROWN

























EXT. ALLEYWAY – NIGHT

CHRIS VOLK weaves down the alleyway holding a beer. He is drunk.

SUDDENLY a sound.  He looks up.

At the end of an alleyway a group of THUGS in a fight against one MAN.  feeling confident he attempts to help the lone man.

Walking closer to the fight, the man is masked and fending off all of the 8 attackers at once without taking any hits, Chris realises the lone man is a masked hero and not in need of help.

Thugs hear Chris drop his bottle and they stop and turn to him.

                           THUG 1
Who the hell are you?
                       
THUG BOSS
Get him!

Fight erupts. Chris drunkenly puts up a good fight, dodging blows and hitting them hard back quickly. Then the alcohol kicks in and he is hit repeatedly by three attackers to the ground.

Hero defeats his ‘attackers’ with a powerful melee of kicks and punches and turns to Chris’s attackers.  He moves swiftly punching and striking the attackers. They are quickly defeated. The hero picks up Chris from the floor.

                           Hero
(surprised and confused)
Chris?! what the hell are you doing here?
                           Chris
(Just as Surprised)
What? How do you know my name?

EXT. END OF ALLEYWAY – NIGHT

Thug boss turns on looking at the pair talking. Drawing a pistol.

                           Thug boss
This is for Benz!

Hero turns as he hears exclamation. Is too slow and is shot in chest.

The thugs run off and Chris catches the hero as he falls back from protecting him.

   Hero
I thought you was at home training?
EXT. ALLEYWAY – NIGHT
CLOSE UP ON CHRIS AND HERO

(SHOCKED, CONFUSED)Chris holds the hero's head in comfort and pulls down the mask uncovering his face.

Chris
Dad?! What are you doing here? Why are you in a costume fighting thugs and muggers?
 Dad
Take this, it will explain everything, I love you son
                           Chris
I love you too

The hero passes to his son a golden, odd looking key on a chain neckless. As he accepts the key the hero's eyes close.


FADE TO BLACK
Chris(V/O)
I spent all of my time growing up with my dad, my mum was killed in a car crash,

INT. CAR – HIGHWAY - NIGHT
BABY CHRIS in back of car. MUM driving. Car coming towards them and crashes into them.

                           Chris (V/O)
The driver of the on coming car was drunk, I was in the back and luckily completely UN harmed.

My dad raised me, trained me in all kinds of fighting styles, kung fu, karate and tai chi are my favorite as well as using weapons like stick fighting.

INT. FATHERS DO JO – DAY
Montage of YOUNG DAD  and YOUNG CHRIS training.

                           Chris (V/O)
He also home schooled me, I love science, and so does my dad being a scientist and all as well as a archaeologist.

INT. FATHERS LAB – DAY
Montage of Chris and dad working with chemicals and test tubes.

INT. FATHERS LIBRARY  - NIGHT
Chris reading with piles of book next to him.


                           Chris (V/O)
My dad keeps me busy but more recently I realised he’s kept me busy to distract me from the fact that I am being kept away from everyone.

INT. CHRIS’S ROOM – DAY
Chris looking on at others of his age playing talking and joking outside his house.

                           Chris (V/O)
I only really get to talk to our butler and people I meet when collecting our shopping. It seems though when I do talk to others I seem to be massive in body size and intellect, maybe its the home schooling and martial arts?


INT. KITCHEN – DAY
BUTLER  cooking dinner for Chris and talking to each other.

INT. SHOPPING CENTRE - DAY
Chris shopping and towering in height and muscle mass over others in the store.

Chris bumps into attractive GIRL. They pair fall for each other instantly, through their long glances at each other, blushing cheeks and flirty behaviour.

Chris
I'm so sorry, my minds on other things.

Girl pears into basket of nutritious food and muscle supplements.
Girl
I bet, that stuff looks boring what you got in there!
Chris
ha I'm on a sort of strict diet, my dads very strict on what I do and eat.
                     Girl
Sounds fun to be you.
Sarcastically flirting with Chris.

Chris
I'm Chris by the way....
Chris extends his massive hand. The girl accepts the gesture and shakes is giant hand compared to hers
Girl
Nice to meet you Chris.
Chris
You not going to tell me your name?
Flirting back to the sarcastic comments earlier.

Girl
Yes I will, if you come to my party in two weeks? The 6Th of June?
Chris
Erm I can’t its my birthday and I'm not allowed out too late or any alcohol, Dads orders.
Girl
Its your birthday, your not allowed out or any alcohol, WHAT!Come on sneak out how old are you? You a man or a mouse? Come I wanna tell you my name.

Chris is extremely intrigued by this offer.

Chris
Well I’ll be 21, and do I really look like a mouse?

Shocked at the realisation of his age compared to his physique

Girl
Jees! your 21? and your not allowed drink or to be out late? Right your coming I don't care what you say, where do u live I’ll get you at 7:30 in two weeks.
Chris
erm do you know Volk House?
Girl
What the massive mansion on the river?
Chris
  Yeah that's me.
      Girl
Cute and a millionaire, nice. See you at 7:30.

FADE TO BLACK
                          
EXT. OUTSIDE VOLK HOUSE – NIGHT
Girl waiting. Over hearing mumbles of an argument between Chris and his Dad.

After argument ends Chris appears at his window,jumps down and front flips over the gate in one very fast fluid motion.

                           Girl
Wo!! How’d you do that?
Chris
What that? That’s nothing just basic acrobatics.
Girl
Well acrobat we’re late

FADES AS THE PAIR WALK OFF.

INT. PARTY AT GIRLS HOUSE - NIGHT

Chris is laughing and joking, towering over other guests. He’s very drunk, slurring his words and falling around, knocking things and people over accidental.

Girl
Hey? How you feeling? Please don’t fall on me no one will be able to carry you home.

                           Chris
I’mmm alllrightt I thinks.HEY you’ve never told me that thing? Your name?

                           Girl
I guess you have earned it. Its Silvia, don’t mock me. I kept my word, you got my name and your having a good time obviously.

Shouting loudly to the whole room

                           Silvia
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!

The room goes into an uproar. Everyone cheers and sings happy birthday to Chris.

FADE TO BLACK

EXT ALLEYWAY – NIGHT

Chris V/O
And that’s how I got here. How I caused my own Dads death.

CAMERA FOCUSED ON CHRIS HOLDING HIS DAD AND THE GOLDEN KEY IN HIS PALM.

FADE TO BLACK

INT. MANSION LIBRARY – NIGHT
Chris places his Dads body onto the large centre table. He begins to sob. When looking up from his body, notices a square shaped hole next to the log burning fire with a picture of the father and son in their training suits smiling at the camera.

Chris takes the key from around his neck and put the key in the lock and turns.

With a massive thud and the sound of a moving mechanism the whole fire place swings inwards from the key hole and reveals..

INT. SECRET ROOM – NIGHT
The mysterious room is windowless but is extremely bright. Computer screens and monitors taking up a whole wall are playing security tapes, and slideshows of convicts. The main monitor is paused on his dads killer.

On the desk are articles and newspapers detailing criminal activity and their apprehension by a hooded hero, his dad.

Chris turns around the room and comes across two glass chambers. One empty and one with a 21stst birthday banner across. Inside is a costume similar to his dads in his size.

FADES TO BLACK

CAMERA MOVES FROM CHRIS’ FEET TO HEAD.

We see Chris in the full costume except his mask.

Behind him the BUTLER walks into the room.
                          
Butler
We need to sort your face out?
What are you going to do sir?

The camera turns to Chris as he turns to the butler wearing his costume all except his mask/hood revealing his bloodied and bruised face and costume in all its dominating glory.

                           Chris
Benz killed the cities protector, now they have a new, Protector, a fitter model to deal with, with a vengeance!!

The scene finishes with Chris putting on his mask and hood then the scene fades to darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment