Wednesday 12 October 2011

Reading Notes Week 1 - Jesse Schell


I have just come to the realization that I am probably using too much paper to survive at the moment so I have decided to upload all of my notes from my weekly readings. Below are my notes from week 1 by Jesse Schell - The Art of Games Design: A Book of Lenses:

"Start now! Don’t' wait! - GO! Now!"
"Say to yourself I am a game designer!" - don't be shy or down
Be confident with yourself - don't get down - be fearless
All decision you make, make them with confidence in your work and in general life
If you aren't "dropping the ball", you aren't learning. Meaning if you’re not trying and making mistakes then you will never learn.

Useful Definitions:

Animation - to give life
Anthropology - to study the audience in their natural habitat to adhere to their needs


Hearing is believing - so listen!
Be Open Minded

LOVE YOUR WORK!

 Dan Out x

No comments:

Post a Comment