Thursday 29 March 2012

My 1st year at University Campus Suffolk

Hello all,

This is just a quick blog entry to show you what I have managed to pull together somehow in one year at university. And believe me if I can do it any one can, I have had a lot of help from the tutors and other members of my class and have enjoyed it this far.

Below is a list of links and images of the work i have done so far including my 3D model of a IronMan helmet, my individual Flash game project, Earth Defence and my group project Caveman Chris. The links on the games will take you to Waterfrontgames.com which is the website dedicated to the students studying Computer Games Design at UCS, of which all the content is created souly by students, so please leave feedback as it will help us to make better more appealing games now and in the future.

3D Model
































The 3D model that i have created is a basic model of Marvel's Iron Man helmet as i am a big fan of Marvel and Iron Man and thought this would be a good way to start my first real 3 Dimensional model using  3Ds Max. The last 4 images are of the final renders and the different materials i have used to give the model a metallic effect. Now the renders are done I will be importing this into UDK editor and get it set up for my presentation.


Individual Project - Earth Defence


http://www.waterfrontgames.com/game/index/26










My game is a top down shooter of which you control a space shuttle defending Earth from invading UFO's. You are Earth's last hope, and must survive for as long as you can so man kind can escape before the alien horde overruns Earth.

Group Project - Caveman Chris


http://www.waterfrontgames.com/game/index/12














Caveman Chris is a game of which you play a Caveman protecting his family from attacking prehistoric creatures. The aim of the game is to get as far into the game as possible. At the moment we have just revamped the game so is not a complete as we would all hope but will be fully completed by the end of the academic year, so follow on waterfrontgames.com for the latest versions of the game.

This is not all that i have done over this year but i believe it to be the parts of the course that the general public are able to give feedback and rate my work and generally look and take an interest in what us computer gamers actually do and hope provide inspiration to younger, aspiring games designers.

Many thanks again
Daniel Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment